Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

I have a client that is not paying s bill despite being sent

Customer Question

I have a client that is not paying his bill despite being sent numerous invoices and letters. I am considering blacklisting him but need to know how to do it in the right way
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The client brought her child late and fetched him late. I billed them for a double session as I had to turn someone away as I could not leave a 8 year old child unattended - I tried to phone the parents various times to come and fetch the child. They then complained and said they only brought the child late that is why they fetched him late, but they had a fixed apointment time. We then rescheduled and they did not show up or cancel the appointment. According to the signed contract they are also liable for that payment. They have been very difficult despite answering their so-called queries
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

There are a few ways to "blacklist" a bad payer. The first method is to issue a summons and take a civil judgment against him. Civil judgments are automatically listed by the credit bureau. The other alternative is to become a fully paid up member of a credit bureau. You can then list the debtor as a bad payer without taking judgment against him.

There are also numerous attorneys who specialise in debt collecting matters who are members of the credit bureaus and who will be able to list the person if you hand the person over for collection.

Here are a few links that may also assist you.

Link 1

Link 2

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Good afternoon,

Link 1

Link 2

I hope this answered your question.

Regards

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my service and consequently I am not sure if you still need help from me or if you are satisfied.

Please rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Kind regards