Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

Stevem. I am looking to figure out how child maintenance

Customer Question

Stevem. I am looking to figure out how child maintenance support costs can be separated from combined costs eg. If the grocery bill for my wife and 1 child is R3600, howmuch is attributed to him If the rent is 20k, how much is stttributed to him?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm not sure what to say obove what Ive typed?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I am afraid that the method is not very scientific but it is what it is. The court will usually simply divide the total costs in two if it is only one parent and one child. If two children then the costs is divided in three etc.

So if the groceries are R3 600.00, the child's portion will be taken as R1 800.00 and the rent, R10 000.00.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards