Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

What is the process an authorized institution?
, sure,

Customer Question

What is the process for becoming an authorized institution?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure, my name is ***** ***** im trying to navigate through the national health act and removal of tissue, of which breast milk is categorized. Im interested in learning about the process to become ab authorized institution to remove such tissue (breast milk), legally
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

In terms of the definition section of the National Health Act ("the Act"), an "authorised institution" means any institution designated as such in terms of section 54 of the Act.

In terms of section 54 of the Act, the Minister may designate any institution other than an institution contemplated in section 63 as an authorised institution.

Normally what will happen is that the Minister will then publish regulations explaining the process of how you would become an authorised institution - but for the life of me I just can't find the regulations.

Let me look a little longer, and maybe I will find what I'm looking for!

CaseLaw