Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

If a father does not pay maintenance, can the grandparents

Customer Question

If a father does not pay maintenance, can the grandparents be liable to pay.
Thank you
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 10 months ago.

Good morning John,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

The short answer to your question is yes, maintenance can be claimed from biological grandparents when the parents of the child(ren) is unable to maintain the child(ren).

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Please be so kind as to rate my service as I do not get any credit for my answer without your rating - even if you have already paid the website.

You may have some further questions about this, and you are welcome to continue on this thread - I will gladly answer.

Regards