WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

To whom it may concern Question If an alleged offender

Customer Question

To whom it may concern
Question
If an alleged offender pleads guilty to charges put to in an internal disciplinary hearing is there a need to call witnesses to substantiate the charges?
Thanks
Barry
South Africa
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Barry

If the employee plead guilty to the charges there is no need to call witnesses in order to prove that he is guilty. You would then move on to the next part of the process, which is applying an appropriate sanction for the offense. The employee and the employer may, if necessary and relevant to arriving at the appropriate sanction, call witnesses. In other words, witnesses may be called in support of aggravating or mitigating arguments.

I hope I have answered all of your questions and addressed all your concerns, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.