Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

My name is ash line. I'm in need of a court order to travel

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** I'm in need of a court order to travel in and out SA for holiday purpose with my 5 year old child
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the father is absent and we have no contact for the past 3 years.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to South Africa Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i am i need to know what does it require to obtain such a court order and how long it will take.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: South Africa Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
in regards ***** ***** first question i also would like to inform u that the father of my child lives abroad and is not south african. my child was born abroad and have both citizenships.
Expert:  Barend B. replied 11 months ago.

Good evening,

If you say you have no contact with the father, does that mean that you don't know where he lives or work? If so, have you tried to trace him? If so, what attempts at tracing did you do?

Regards,

BB