WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

My domestic ( 63 years ) worker is retiring. Worked years. I

Customer Question

My domestic ( 63 years ) worker is retiring.
Worked for me for 20 years. I would like to give her a part of her salary for at least another 10 months. What % would be okay?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 11 months ago.

Good Evening

People don't like if I give them this answer, but the fact is that it is entirely up to you. According to labour legislation, if she is resigning, then you have no further obligation towards her for payment of anything, unless agreed to it in the employment agreement. So, because the law does not address this particular issue, it is completely up to you to pay her something or not and if you decide to pay, whatever amount you deem reasonable and affordable.

I sincerely ***** ***** I am making sense here, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.