Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

My name is lilly.hv worked company n i resigned bt now they

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** for a company for 4yrs n i resigned bt now they say they hv nothing to do with my provident fund n they dnt hv hr offices so hw do i get my money?plz help
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon Lilly,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I am not sure exactly what your employment contract states regarding your salary and benefits and whether you qualified for a contribution to a pension/provident fund by your employer.

You will have to look at your employment contract and also look at your monthly salary slips to see whether the employer had any liability to contribute to a provident/pension fund and whether they actually deducted money from you monthly to do so.

If not, then you will not be entitled to any money (or provident fund or pension fund) at all.

If they did however deduct money monthly, and if it was part of your benefits to which you were entitled, then certainly you will be able to claim whatever you have contributed to the fund for the period that you worked for the company.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards