Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

I need really help, I suffer after an works injury, had

Customer Question

I need really help, I suffer after an works injury, had already 2 hip replacements. My back is worst as before the pain kill me. I become sick more and more. When I go to doctor they sent me around from one to another and no doctor ones to treat me. All the doctors no about me. Compensation not paid anything and I make a case to the people who was responsible for my fall. The hospitals where I go and all the doctors no that. Can I go to a different town to see a doctor. I really wants to get a rid off all the pain.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Barend B. replied 1 year ago.

Good day,

I'm not sure this is quite a legal question, but more of a medical question. But from a legal standpoint, I would suggest that you see a lawyer who specialises in Injury on Duty cases. Such a specialist lawyer should have contacts with medical specialists. You have to see a medical specialist to advise on what treatment he would propose and also to compile a medical-legal report for the claim with the Compensation Commissioner. Then your lawyer will have to push the claim and find out why have they not yet made any payments. It is usually a tedious and frustrating journey to claim from the Compensation Commissioner, and that is why I propose that you consult a lawyer who specialised in these types of cases. Should you have any other queries or questions relating to my response, I will gladly assist.

Regards,

BB