Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

This is a very difficult question... If I am disbarred from

Customer Question

This is a very difficult question... If I am disbarred from the financial services board for a year( from 16/08/2015 to 16/08/2016) for gross negligence, can I Move with my wife ( she is applying to teach there for 2/4 years) to UAE to work at a financial services company on that side? will my debarment have an effect om my application on that side? Should I mention it when applying? The people I will put up as reverences from this side has my best interests at hart, so they will give great reverences.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Shaie Zindel replied 1 year ago.

Hi Good Evening - this is a very interesting issue. If you are serving a type of suspension in SA this shouldn't automatically be a bar to working in a similar field in the UAE EXCEPT that your potential employer would have an interest in your present circumstances. If for example you were debarred because of a minor issue then disclosure is less important than for example an offence involving dishonesty. I would suggest that you tell the truth if asked directly but if you are not asked then legally I don't think you are obliged to disclose. From an ethical or moral point of view I think this is a bigger problem and non disclosure could definitely result in a further issue down the line. Let me know if this answers your question or if I can assist you further. Regards Shaie