WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

My grandmother was staying with my mother and then decided

Customer Question

Good day
My grandmother was staying with my mother and then decided to leave to go stay at her house because of some issues she started. She is very old and decided she will look after herself. Another lady from Lesotho who was renting in one of my grandmother's back rooms decided to take care of her. She started getting weaker and weaker and decided she does not want to see any of her family members even her grand child. She then tells every body that the family does not care about her except this lady taking care of her. Apparently she promised this lady her house and said she is paying her with it. This lady called some of the free lawyers and they made her put down what she says on paper and sign. My grand mother was not in a good state as she is sick first of all , her state of mind is depreciating, they are recording everything she says about her house and her family. I think this must be looked into. She has a large family and 4 grand children. Of the 4 grand children, only 1
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

It seems as if your question is incomplete. It stops at "Of the 4 grandchildren, only 1..." and stops there. Would you mind completing it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of the 4 grand children only 1 was contacted with regards ***** ***** he wants the house or not. The others we're not contacted. Can we Kindly set up an appointment to meet with you should you need any more information.Kind regards
Joey
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I am in the Western Cape, so that would not be practical.

The thing with the lawyers you mentioned: Is it a will they drew up? Is the property going to be transferred to this woman whilst your grandmother is still alive or only after she is deceased?