WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

I am getting divorce and is entitled to a percentage of my

Customer Question

I am getting divorce and is entitled to a percentage of my husbands pension fund. Is the calculation of the value owe to me done to the date of our signed divorce agreement or divorce date.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

In the absence of an agreement on the particular date, it should be calculated on the date of divorce. In other words, unless your settlement agreement says that you are entitled to 50% of the pension fund value on date xx-xx-xxxx, it will be on the date of divorce.

I hope this helps you a little bit, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** want to make sure that I get right. If we did not stipulate a date in the agreement regarding the pension fund value at a certain date, the divorce date is used.
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Correct.