CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
31036262

I have a problem with FNB,MY COMPANY HAD AN OVER DRAFT WITH

Customer Question

I have a problem with FNB,MY COMPANY HAD AN OVER DRAFT WITH THEM BEFORE IT WENT DOWN DURING RECESSION IN 2009.WE STARTED WORKING AGAIN LATE 2011 TO 2012,WE MADE ARANGEMENTS WITH ALL THE COMPANIES WE OWED INCLUDING FNB TO SETTLE THE ACCOUNT BECAUSE THEY ON AREAS,WE SETLLED ACOUNT BY ACCOUNT,INCLUDING MY PERSONAL ACCCOUNT.THE ONLY ACCOUNT THE WAS OUTSTANDING WAS COMPANY OVERDRAFT FROM FNB,WE SENT FNB PROVE THAT WE IN THE PROCESS OF SETTLING ACCOUNTS,SOME OF THEIR ACOUNTS WERE SETTLED TOO.THEY COULD NOT LISTEN,THEY SENT SHERIFF OF THE COURT,THEY TOOK MY LANDLORDS FURNITURE,I WENT TO THE SHERIFF TO PAY R35.000.00,SO THEY CAN RELEASE MY LANDLORDS GOODS.AFTER PAYING R35K I ASKED THEIR LAWYERS HOW MUCH IS OUSTANDING,THEY SAID IS R25K,WE MADE ARRANGEMENT AT THE COURT THAT I MUST PAY R1K PER MONTH BUT SOMETIMES THINGS WERE BAD,I COULD NOT PAY R1K BUT THE FOLLOWING MONTH I COULD PAY R2K THAT TYPE OF SITUATION,HENCE, THEY MOVED THE CASE TO GROENEWALD LUBE DEBT COLECTORS,THEY CLAIM 0WE THE R100K,THE OVERDRAFT WAS 34K,I PAYED 35K TO THE SHERIFF,8K THEIR PREVIOUS LAYERS,24K TO GROENEWALD DEBT COLLECTORS,TOTAL IS R67K,THEY CLAIM THEY COULD ONLY SEE THE RECENT 24K,THEY DONT HAVE PROVE OF THE PREVIOUS 59K,THEY ARE HARASSING ME,WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THING GO AWAY,THIS MATTER IS DATED 2007,PLEASE HELP
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I think that you already know the answer to this question.

You need to go and get the proof of payment, and you need to give it to the new debt collection attorneys.

They make their money by collecting debts, and to do so, they contact you all the time and harass you until you pay. That's just what they do. Don't take it personally.

You should write a letter to them explaining (in simple terms) each and every payment that you've made, explaining who, what, when and how much. You should attach proof of the payments. If you can get proof from the sheriff, FNB or your lawyers, you need to do that.

This is the only advice that I can give you.

If my answer hasn't answered all of your questions, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - don't just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer and then click the GREEN ACCEPT button to accept the answer.

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Please note: This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult a local attorney in person for legal advice. This information is being provided so you can better discuss legal matters with your attorney.