WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

In the case of telephone sales, whose responsibility is it

Customer Question

In the case of telephone sales, whose responsibility is it to provide proof of a so-called order. Do I, as the consumer have to pay the distributor to make a so-called copy of a so-called order the I am confident I did not place?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

The burden of proof is always with the person who makes the allegation. In this instance, it is the company who alleges that you have placed an order and, therefore, the burden of proof is on them.

I am sorry for the cryptic nature of the answer, but this is the best I can do at this stage with the information at my disposal. If you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.