Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

In October last year I was phoned by Vulindlela Distributors

Customer Question

In October last year I was phoned by Vulindlela Distributors and offered a trial of their printer cartridges which were supposed to have been long lasting! After receipt and payment of these cartridges - I was then phoned once more to sign the next order for two cartridges (one black, one colour) I told them that I was not interested as I could get cheaper cartridges locally, and was disappointed in their quality. I was then told that they would replace the black cartridge but that I was under contract to for another delivery.
That was certainly not what I had agreed to - this was meant to be a trial! They were very threatening on the phone and said that they would sue me if I did not fulfil the contract. After much bullying, I agreed but told them that these would be the last I would order.
Imagine my surprise when I in June this year I received yet another phone call for another order. I mentioned that I did not need any more an that I had discussed this with the previous person. The lady suggested that once I had signed the order -this would be the final and that I must write FINAL on the Purchase order. this I did and sent it back and paid for the over-priced cartridges again!!!!!!
Low and behold yesterday I get yet another phone call telling me that I now ust sign the final purchase order for another 2 cartridges - for over R2600. Otherwise I would be handed over to their lawyers as my contract was for 5 deliveries!!
I told her of my final order on the last delivery but she said (her name is*****)
that I had committed fraud by writing on their Purchase Order and that they could hand be over to lawyers.
She then promised that she would send me a letter which would confirm that this was the Completion of my Order. But that I must sign it immediately and return the order immediately.
This morning I have had at least 3 calls demanding that I send the order immediately!!!!!
I am now really sick and tired of all this bullying and fraud. I do not need the cartridges - they are just stockpiling up and I do not need any more.
Please help me - what can I do to stop these people and their abhorant bullying tactics.
I am a pensioner trying to keep my head above water and I really cannot afford all this money and being threatened all the time.
Sincerely
Wendy van Schoor
Wendy's Florist at Hoedspruit.
Sincerely
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Wendy,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

I am sad to say but you have been had. They are well-known for their immoral and unethical business practice. Have a look on the website hellopeter and you will be surprised at the number of complaints about them.

Your fist mistake was to do business with them in the first place, but it happens to many people. Your second (bigger) mistake was to actually fall for their bullying and then ordering the second time. At that point you should have said you are not interested, and not under any obligation to make any purchases.

You should have then told them to sue you if they so wish - they would never have followed through on their threats.

Even now, you can challenge them to sue you.

If I was in your shoes I would write them a letter and deny that you are under any obligation. Tell them that you will not place another order and that they must issue a summons which you will defend, if they want to do that.

Ask them to send you a copy of the contract they rely on.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that advice. It is what I thought but it just seems so unfair that there are so many people out there who are happy to bully and threaten people like these people do. I am satisfied by your answer.

It is my pleasure.

Kindly do not forget to rate positively.

Regards