Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

I want to know what cost can a attorney ask to collect

Customer Question

I want to know what cost can a attorney ask to collect money. I owed a bussiness R6181.95 and a lawyer bring me to court and now his cost are R14 169.96 for admin and courtappearance + 10% for collectionfee
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

Your question is actually not as easy as you would think as attorneys fees is regulated by the Magistrate's court act and would differ from case to case. If you have already obtained a detailed account from the attorneys you can attach a copy of the account to your reply and I will peruse same in order to see what they are entitled to.

If you do not have the account yet, you should obtain a copy and then send it to me for perusal.