Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

Can a lawyers billing be issued on a simple summon or

Customer Question

can a lawyers billing be issued on a simple summon or combined summons
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

That is open for election by the attorney. He can use either a simple summons or a combined summons. If a simple summons is issued and the defendant opposes the summons, then the attorney will have to deliver a declaration (which is basically the same as the particulars of claim attached to the combined summons would have been).

I hope this answered yourquestion.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards