WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

If my wife and I divorce, and she wants to move to another

Customer Question

if my wife and I divorce, and she wants to move to another city. can I put a restraining order to prevent her from taking the children, away to that city so I cannot see them
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonYes, you can approach a High Court, requesting an order that she does not move the children to a new city. You would, however, have to prove that it would be in the interest of the children that the court grant such an order. The court will obviously take the personal circumstances of both parties into consideration as well. For instance, if it is not possible for the mother to support the children without moving, then the court is likely to allow the move, provided that you are not refused reasonable access.I am sorry for the cryptic nature of the answer, but this is the best I can do at this stage with the information at my disposal. If you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.