Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

If I'm married to a British citizen who resides in the UK) and we had our civil union

Customer Question

If I'm married to a British citizen who resides in the UK) and we had our civil union ceremony in South Africa (although I had British citizenship by then); from where should I file for divorce to get benefits that I am entitled to? I have been living in South Africa for the last 2 months as I don't have access to her house any more and can't afford to rent in the UK.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, This is a further information request so that I can provide you a proper answer to your legal question. Please continue in this same question thread.Am I correct in assuming that your wife still lives in the UK?Do you intend living in SA for the forseeable future?Awaiting your further information.RegardsCaseLaw