Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

My girlfriend opened a case of assault against me 2 weeks ago.I

Customer Question

My girlfriend opened a case of assault against me 2 weeks ago.I also want to open a case against as this was on self defense I went to the doctor to fill in injuries which I incared.She also has asked for restraining order for me not to come to my house.Im planing also ask for restraining order too because I can not stay away from my house as I am working from there she is not married to me and we have 3 kids together .I have arranged alternative accomodation for but she wants me out of own house as per her restating order.please advise
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningIn order to provide you with the most accurate answer, I may have to ask you a lot of questions. This may seem tedious and irrelevant, but trust me, there is a reason for every question. So please be patient throughout the process and if it takes a little long for me to come back to you, it is probably because I am researching your answer. I hope that is okay.Is the restraining order she obtained on you a temporary or a permanent order? If it is an interim order, there will be a date on the order when you need to be in the court to defend the application. Is there something like that on the document that you received?
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Could you re-submit the offer of a phone call? It would seem as if the system rejected on my behalf.