CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
31036262

Is my neibour allowed to erect a electric fence on our shared

Customer Question

Is my neibour allowed to erect a electric fence on our shared boundary with the exposed electric wires on my side
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question,Yes, as long as the fence is higher than 1.5m from the ground, and as long as the fence has the signs on it every 10m.Also, it is not permissable to angle brackets into a neighbour’s property without their knowledge or consent. i.e. hanging over into your property.This is quite normal, and happens all the time. There are guidelines that you can request from the City of Johannesburg regarding this. I just can't find them online at the moment.Have a look at the SANS guidelines on this website: http://www.livewire-electricfencing.co.za/electric-fencing-safty-regulations/If there is something more specific that you need clarity on, please continue in this same thread. Let me know if you need more advice!I hope you found my answer helpful. If you did, PLEASE rate my answer & please leave me positive feedback! Good luck and best regards,CaseLawPlease note: This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult a local attorney in person for legal advice. This information is being provided so you can better discuss legal matters with your attorney.
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi there again,
I hope that you understood the above advice and that it was useful? Please leave positive feedback for me.
If you have a further question please ask it?
Regards
CaseLaw