WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

A Guy wants to sue me an affair wit his wife, having

Customer Question

A Guy wants to sue me for having an affair wit his wife, having his problem not sorted with his wife he want to blame me.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Good day and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try and assist you today.
Cannot be done. The action with which he intends to sue you, no longer form part of our common law.
You can find the court case dealing with such a claim here.
I hope I have answered all of your questions and addressed all your concerns, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
The case that I was referring to has been appealed to the Constitutional Court. The court ruled in this week that the decision in the Supreme Court of Appeal (the case in which it was decided that a claim for breaking up a marriage no longer forms part of our law) has been upheld. So, in short, the Constitutional Court now agrees with the Supreme Court of Appeal and in essence this means that the claim for breaking up a marriage is permanently out of our law.