Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Is it possible to find a copy of the terms of a divorce order

Customer Question

Is it possible to find a copy of the terms of a divorce order from 1968? We are looking for what the child support and custody terms were?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
I suggest, you will consider going to the clerk of the court where the divorce was finalized. Many times records that far back are archived on microfilm and so you may have to go to the state court archives which is usually located in the state capital.
So if you know the court that issued the orders, first check with the clerk of that court. You can call them and discuss this over the phone
Please note that I can only provide you information on questions you ask. If you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know.
Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time in providing you true and correct information
Thank you