Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

My son has been charged at work his company

Customer Question

hi, my son has been charged at work for brininging his company into disrepute and assaulting a fellow employee. According to his testimony he as a manager spoke to a waiter and told him to comply with the rules of the company regarding apparel. the waiter refused at which time my son took him by the arm and tried to escort him out of the restaurant area. charge 1. he is then being held responsible for the other waiters leaving their posts to investigate the disturbance that resulted. He was not allowed to have a union representative, or anyone other than a college to represent him at the hearing, where he has now been found guilty with sentence to be handed to him this afternoon. I am currently waiting for him to bring the formal findings to me so that I can see them
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Mike Otis replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, and thank you for your question.
I'm afraid one will have to wait until the sentence is handed down by the employer before one can decide on the appropriate further course of action.
Once it is known, please let me know and we can discuss it further.
Regards