WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

My wife moved out of out house on 05/05/2015 telling me that

Customer Question

My wife moved out of out house on 05/05/2015 telling me that she wants a divorce. She moved in with a male friend whose wife left him a year ago. My wife assured me that they are only friends and she is staying with him because she does not want to stay with family. On 29/05/2015 my eldest son came clean with me that his mother(my wife) was cheating on me with the so called friend.I investigated and found that my wife called the so-called friend 9 times on his cellphone during April 2015 , where in comparison there were no calls on record during March 2015. My wife`s vehicle e-tag report indicated that she traveled the route to where the friend and she stays now 3 times before she told me on 05/05/2015 that she is moving in with the friend. The friend stays close to a specific tollgate which is on the opposite side of Gauteng where the friend stays.Can I sue the friend for interference in my marriage although I cannot prove intimacy.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Good day and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try and assist you today.
Unfortunately you cannot. A recent Appeals court decision has removed the claim for breaking up a marriage (contumelia) from our law.
A copy of the case can be found here.
I know that this is probably not the answer that you have hoped for, however, I hope that you can still get some value out of it. I try my best to provide you with a legally sound and accurate answer and however much it pains me, it is not always good news. Trust me when I say that I wish I could provide you with a more optimistic answer. If you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively