Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney and conveyancer with 16 years post article experience.
75614155

My brother got a dui charge a year ago case has been moved

Customer Question

my brother got a dui charge a year ago case has been moved 3 times he is suffering from terminal neourelga havent been in trouble for a year is it possible to beg not to loose his license as he is a Sales rep and on the road every day
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Freddie Lombard replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.
The standard requirement when a persons is convicted of driving under the influence is that the person's license is automatically suspended. The Court will however, on good cause shown, make an exception.
The fact that your brother earns a living by driving, and therefor needs a license in order to remain employed and earn a living will be sufficient to apply for such an exception.
I hope this answered your question.
I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.
Regards