WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

We have purchased a plot on which to build a home, in a small

Customer Question

We have purchased a plot on which to build a home, in a small Golf Security estate (total of 6 homes) and wish to make use of the services of our own architect for the design stage only, of our drawings/plans. The following sentence is part of the 'Estate General Design guideline and Restrictions' - ALL PLANS MUST BE PREPARED AND SUBMITTED TO VAN BILJON AND VISSER ARCHITECTS AND TO THE XXXXX GOLF ESTATE HOME OWNERS ASSOC FOR APPROVAL. APPROVAL NEEDS TO BE OBTAINED IN WRITING PRIOR TO SUBMISSION TO THE LOCAL AUTHORITY. Are we obliged to make use of this architect for ALL our needs including our design/drawings? How does the Competitions act apply here?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Good day and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try and assist you today.
No. You are not obliged to make use of this architect. You can use your own architect but the architect mentioned must 'sign off' on the plans that your architect will present to them.
This is normally done to ensure that the uniform appearance rule is adhered to.
So, your architect will draw up the plans. The plans will go to Van Biljon and Visser and they will make sure that the plans from your architect conforms to their policy documents pertaining to the aesthetics and quality as is required by those documents and then it will be submitted to the Municipality, presumably by your architects or by yourself.
I hope this helps you a little bit, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.