CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney
Experience:  BCom; LLB; Masters in Law
31036262

I need a criminal record previous resident of south

Customer Question

i need a criminal record for a previous resident of south africa
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question,
You will need to apply for a Police Clearance Certificate for that person.
The process is set out here: http://www.saps.gov.za/services/applying_clearence_certificate.php
Unfortunately the process is time consuming, and you can only apply for your own Police Clearance Certificate - not somebody else.
If there is a part of the answer which you need more advice on, or clarity please continue in this same thread instead of opening a new question.
Att. Patrick
Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. I hope you found my answer helpful, and you have finished asking your questions, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button in order to mark the question as closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would hiring a private investigator in that area be helpful? Or are they required to go through the same steps you told me to do?
Expert:  CaseLaw replied 1 year ago.
They would need to go through the same steps - unless he had a "contact" in the SAPS. So it may be useful to try that route!