WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

I am trying to verify the credentials of a barrister who practices international law by na

Customer Question

I am trying to verify the credentials of a barrister who practices international law by name of markus bridge. He says he went to school in South Africa . He's suppose to be in organisation in London then moved to Ohio
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Morning. What does this relates to? Why did he contact you? Something about an inheritance or suchlike?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he's allegedly my fiancee barrister who handles her trust fund.He wants verification on Mr state id, ssn & couple other pieces of info before he will forward money to me for her. She needs several thousands
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Did your fiance confirm this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is stranded & won't send her money due. Yes
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
How did you meet your fiance? Over the internet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we talked for months then met
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will pics & I'd he sent hrlp
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
I would not be able to verify his credentials unfortunately, but if you cannot find him on the internet, then surely there must be alarm bells ringing. I have had a number of similar stories here on Just Answer and mostly, these are scams.
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Mostly the fiance was met over the internet and almost always the fiance ends up in a jail somewhere, requesting money etc.
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
I assume you are in the States?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no d rectory I can look in. What could he do wuth just my bank account number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no money in there
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
I am not familiar with the banking system in the USA, but from what I have read, with your Social Security Number and your Identity Document, he would be able to steal your identity and commit all sorts of fraud with it.
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
You are then left to face the wrap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My credit is very bad I was robbed & they got my ssn & I have had identity theft problems for 9 plus years
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
What I suggest you do is you ask this barrister to give as much detail about himself as possible. Where he practices from. Where he is registered. Who he works for. Etc. If he is sketchy or reluctant to give details, then you should smell a rat. Get as much detail from your fiance about where she is stuck, which hotel/prison/hospital etc. Same applies. If they do give you some details, then phone. Verify.
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
I don't think that this exempts you from another attempt.
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest that, if they cannot assist you in verifying this story, that this is most definitely a scam and you should walk away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thankbyou
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Pleasure and good luck. Kindly do not forget to rate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do I owe or pay $38?
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Not sure. We don't get that information on our side, unfortunately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was told $38
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Then that is probably it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
No problem