JJ
JJ, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience
18691375

My children (now 22 and 24yrs old) grew up without their father.

My children (now 22 and 24yrs old) grew up without their father. He re married immediately after we got divorced. He then had another three children and his new wife took total control of him - she never allowed him to see my two sons - she also hated them - made life hard - placed everything in her name - did not allow him to pay maintenance etc etc - he was a very weak personality - worked as a broker from home and claimed to have no income. he passed away on 17 July 2013 and my children were notified via "WHats app" by the stepmother. The younger son has serious problems (Autistic / Asperger/??) will live with me most probably forever. I found out that their is a small policy at Old Mutual (Only app R 35 000) and I am the beneficiary. We need to claim this for the one child for future assistance. This policy was paid up when we got divorced - but it is still there - the stepmother refuses to tell us who the executers of the estate is and also is bitter and resentful. Where can we go to find out who is handling the estate of the children's farther.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  JJ replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome!

My name isXXXXX you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

Where did he reside and where did he pass away?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

He lived in Krugersdorp - Noordheuwel and passed away in Krugersdorp (Private Hospital) where the wife works as a theatre sister.

Expert:  JJ replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Your only option is to go to the office of the Master of the High Court.

His death would have been notified there and an estate number would have been registered. You can do a search on his ID number and his full names and date of death.

You will in this file then be able to see who the executor is. You can also advise the master that they should make a note to this effect on the file to make sure that they are aware of it.

The address as follows:

Master of the High Court: Johannesburg

• Master: Mr L Pule
  • Tel: 011 -(NNN) NNN-NNNN8001/8002/8003
  • Fax: 011-(NNN) NNN-NNNNand 011 -(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
  • E-mail:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
  • Postal Address: Private Bag X5, Marshalltown, 2107
  • Physical Address: NoXXXXX Hollard Building, cnr Sauer & Marshall streets, JHB

Please ask more if not clear.

JJ, Attorney
Experience: Admitted Attorney 17 years experience