Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)

I Inspector of Mines, I have been threatened with a knife at

I Inspector of Mines, I have been threatened with a knife at work by a clerk working at the DMR because he was not invited to a braai, and I told the Principal Inspector of Mines that personally myself invited him on the meeting where all the inspectorate was present. I reported to the police. What more can I do in this case
Good afternoon,

You say that you reported the matter to the Principal Inspector of Mines. If that report took the form of a grievance or a complaint and either a grievance procedure or disciplinary process is now in motion, the only other things you could do is to get an interdict against this person and to sue this person for civil damages. But I would advise you to wait with such action until the criminal charge has been dealt with by the courts. If found guilty, your civil action would be so much easier to win.