WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

I signed to buy a solar geyser with a company called THE RENEWABLE

I signed to buy a solar geyser with a company called THE RENEWABLE ENERGY COMPANY on the 16th of September 2013 at 19h56. I cancelled Friday night the same time because my personal circumstances changed. They promised to refund me but didn't want to put it in writing. I delivered the cancellation the next morning at their offices in Glenwood.

I haven't heard from them. I was within my 5 business day cooling off period. I also lodged a dispute with the bank within the 7 days they stipulate. Fortunately I paid by credit card. I trust the bank to assist me to reverse the payment but I also needed to report it to you.

The amount is R17 000. The agent was Christopher Chetty, XXXXXXXXXX and his manager Raymond(NNN) NNN-NNNN262.

Please advise?
Thanking you in anticipation.

Sonja Goris.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Good day and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and assist you today.

In order to provide you with the most accurate answer, I may have to ask you a lot of questions. This may seem tedious and irrelevant, but trust me, there is a reason for every question. So please be patient throughout the process and if it takes a little long for me to come back to you, it is probably because I am researching your answer. I hope that is okay.

Did you enter into this agreement due to an instance of direct marketing? Meaning, did your buy the geyser because they contacted you and talked you into it, or did you contact them and told them that you want a solar geyser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They contacted me and talked me into it.

Expert:  WCLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the late reply.

You are totally correct. You are perfectly entitled to cancel the contract and if they want to deliver it, to refuse delivery as unsolicited goods. You did everything right.

See if your bank is going to return the money and if not, you would unfortunately have to take legal action against them through the issue of summons. Alternatively, you can approach the National Consumer Commission. Details can be obtained from the Department of Trade and Industry.

I am not sure what else I can advise you on, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience: L.LB (UOVS)