WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)

I was involved in an accident in November 2011, charges of

I was involved in an accident in November 2011, charges of drunken driving and reckless driving has been brought up against me, 3 police man have given statements against me of which I disagree with their statements, can I challenge their statements in court?
Good day and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and assist you today.

Remember that the statements is basically a summary of the evidence that they are going to give on trial. You can challenge their testimony and this is done through cross-examination.

If there are inconsistencies in their prior statements and their testimony, that can be brought up during cross-examination.

So, if your question is whether you can make the statements "go away" because you don't agree with the contents thereof, then the answer is no, you cannot. You can, however, challenge the truthfulness of the testimony and, by extension, the affidavits through cross-examination at the trial.

I hope I have answered all of your questions and addressed all your concerns, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.