JJ
JJ, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience
18691375

I have a contract with a chartered accountant firm which are

I have a contract with a chartered accountant firm which are not keeping to there contract. One of the problems are that I have paid them for my VAT registration last year November and have still not been registered after they told me that it would take about a month to register. For the last month and a half I have been sending them emails requisting a answer on my vat reg and have tried to contact them numerous times but they just dont answer my calls or get back to my.

Is there a regulating authority that I can complaint to for chartered accountants?
What do you suggest I do?

Hi and welcome!

My name isXXXXX you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

Are they based in KZN?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey JJ, my name isXXXXX for helping me out.

They are based in JHB but have a branch in newcastle KZN. Problem is the person that was in charge of the newcastle office took up a new job about 3 months ago and the one staff that is left only deals with personal tax.

Hi Jaun

I attach ereto the link to the SA Institute of Chartered Accountants. The link is to the complaints page and you can follow the process as set out on this page:

https://www.saica.co.za/Technical/Discipline/tabid/700/language/en-ZA/Default.aspx

Please let me know if you struggle and will see how I can assist further.

Please ask more if not clear.