Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)

Got a quote to have my yard tarred, job was supposed to take

Got a quote to have my yard tarred, job was supposed to take 3 days, it is now going on 2 weeks and it is still not tarred, everyday is some or other story, there is no staff, there is no emulsion, there is no sand, it just goes on, we were quoted an amount of R16000.00, we have already had to pay R14400.00, they have worked a total of 12 hrs over 3 days, turned the ground up, put stones down and compacted them, that's it, what can we do about this, it is getting out of hand now???????
Good afternoon,

You need to send them a breach of contract notice. In the notice you mention the terms of agreement, namely that it was supposed to take 3 days and you were quoted an amount of R16,000. Then you tell them that they are in breach of the agreement in that they have not completed the job in 3 days as agreed. And you also tell them that you have already paid them R14,400 and will not pay more than the quoted amount as agreed. And then you tell them that you demand specific performance of the contract and they have 3 days to complete the job, and if they do not complete it within the 3 days, you will cancel the agreement, get someone else to complete the job and claim the costs of having to complete the job as damages from them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a specific "breach of contract"form I can purchase?, or do I just type up a letter stating they are in breach of contract?

Just type a letter and state breach of contract. There isn't a standard form because every contract has different provisions.