Shaie Zindel
Shaie Zindel, Attorney
Experience:  All areas of commercial and contract Law - specialist in property advice.
67955801

I have complained numerous times to law enforcement about a

I have complained numerous times to law enforcement about a neighbour's son who revs the engine of his car on daily basis when he pulls up or drives away. We have had problems with loud music from these people in the past, complained, and now he revs the engine to try and spite us. When he drives past our house and we are outside, we purposefully revs the engine a few times. I would like to know what further action I can take (apart from the law enforcement department).
If the neighbour is causing a nuisance and the authorities cant or wont do anything then under neighbour law you might be entitled to apply for an interdict against the neighbour from purposefully disturbing the peace. This would mean a costly application to a Court on affidavit requesting an order directing the neighbour to cease and desist from behaving in this manner. The Sheriff would have to give notice of the application and they would have an opportunity to oppose the application. You might want to get a video recording of his childish behaviour to use as evidence in your interdict application. Have a look at this link for an interesting article on the same issues: http://www.tathamwilkes.co.za/NewsPublications/NewsArticle.aspx?CategoryID=1&articleId=713#.UjYPMykaI2w I hope this answers your questions and I wish you luck. Please remember to rate my service so far. Regards