Shaie Zindel
Shaie Zindel, Attorney
Experience:  All areas of commercial and contract Law - specialist in property advice.

Good afternoon, I have discovered that my wife is having

Good afternoon,

I have discovered that my wife is having a sexual affair with a much younger person, which she is now regretting. They are both educators and most of their activities took place within the boundaries of the school.
I have copies of emails and SMS's proving that there is/was such a relationship going apart from the fact that she has also admitted this to me.
This has caused me a tremendous amount of grief and I would like to know whether I have any legal options with regards XXXXX XXXXX third party and what they are.

Hi There - are you considering divorce or not at this time?

Hi there,

I am confused but have not considered divorce at this time. My first priority is to take some sort of action against the 3rd party.

OK - I understand - the fact is that you are feeling hurt and betrayed - both of the people in this story have acted selfishly and foolishly. They are both to blame. In South Africa there is a legal remedy for such behaviour - it is an action in which you can claim damages for something called alienation of affection. I am assuming that this youngster knew that the woman he is sleeping with is in fact married? Under this action you can claim monetary compensation but I just want you to think carefully about how you want to handle this - the reason is that if you choose to sue him which is your right the whole affair will become very public. This is likely have a seriously negative impact on your wife's career and could ultimately lead to her losing her job. I'm not sure if this is something you want to risk? Have a look at this reading material in the meantime: you can also read up: