WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

HEY. I BAUGHT A BRAND NEW MAHINDRA GENIO BAKKIE LAST YEAR

HEY.
I BAUGHT A BRAND NEW MAHINDRA GENIO BAKKIE LAST YEAR NOVEMBER.
AND THIS BAKKIE IS GIVING ME MORE TROBBLE THEN ENNEYTHING ELS.
1: ON 13000KM THE FRONT BRAKE WHERE DONE METAL ON METAL.
2: ON 16000KM ALL MY ELECTRICAL COMPONENT DIDNT WANT TO WORK, TOOK IT THERE
THEY SED THE EARTH WIRE WAS MOUNTED ON WRONG PLACE, THEY MOUNTED IT BY THE RIGHT PLACE AND THATS FINE NOW.
3: ON 23500KM THE INTERCOOLER CRACKED AND THEY ARE ORDERING A NEW INTERCOOLER FROM OVER SEAS, AND ARE WAITING 5 WEEKS ALREADY FOR THIS PART. AND STILL MY BAKKIE IS NOT RIGHT.
I JUST FEEL MY BAKKIE IS MORE WITH THE DEALERS THEN WITH ME.
I BAUGHT A BRAND NEW BAKKIE NOT TO HAVE PROBLEMS, BUY ALL I GOT WITH THIS BAKKIE IS PROBLEMS.
IS THERE ENNEYTHING WE CAN DO???
PLZ HELP
NICO
Good day.

This is an info request to assist you better. Please continue on this thread.

Is the vehicle still under guarantee?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is.

100000km warrenty

And what does the warranty say? What must they do if the vehicle break within this period? Are they supposed to take it back, replace it, repair it at their cost?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ja every time it went for the brakedowns they repaired it, and i dint pay for the 3 issues.

but i feel like okey now its on 24000km whats going to brake on 33000km eveytime it brakes it with them what iff i dint had a second car and the bakkie was my onley car to get to work and all that.

cant they take this bakkie back and give me a new bakkie.

feels like my bakkie is a DUTT!!!

What date, day month and year, did you take it back to the dealer for the inter cooler?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

29 july monday 2013
THEY WELDID THE INTER COOLER SED I CAN DRIVE LIKE THAT.

BUT ON THE 2ND OFF SEPTEMBER I MUST GO TO LICHTENBURG FROM JHB THATS ABOUT 340KM AND DIDNT WANT TO DRIVE WITH THE BAKKIE WITH A WELDID INTER COOLER.

Unfortunately, the Consumer Protection Act only allow you a 6 month return, replace or refund warranty. Since the electrical problem and the problem with the breaks was sorted out satisfactory and since the problems with the intercooler only came to pass after the six month period, you are unfortunately left with the warranty from the manufacturer/dealer.

If that warranty allows you the right to cancel the agreement and return the vehicle for a refund or for a new one, then that would be something that you can do, but I doubt that it does. It is more likely that they will continuously have the right to repair the vehicle, although probably on their costs.

I completely understand your frustration, but I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX there is anything else you can do, other than to continue to hold them liable for repairs. If it is impossible to repair, you would probably have a damages claim equal to the replacement value of the vehicle, although that also depends on the wording of the warranty.

I know that this is probably not the answer that you have hoped for, however, I hope that you can still get some value out of it. I try my best to provide you with a legally sound and accurate answer and sometimes, it is not always good news. If you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively. I do not get anything unless you rate the service.