JJ
JJ, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience
18691375

hi, please could you help me with this. We booked to go on

Customer Question

hi, please could you help me with this. We booked to go on a sking holiday at afriski resort in Lesotho. The accommodation was not up to scratch. They say that it sleeps 8 people. There were only 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, these 2 loft rooms with a blow up matress in. The geyser only had enough water for 2 baths or 3 showers which is definitely not enough for 8 people. The kitchen was said to be well equipped - it was definitely not for example- there was not even a bread knife to cut the bread, no washing machine. not even a egg lifter. The light globes in the one bedroom upstairs, only two of them were working, therefore the room was dark. The shower nozzle of the bathroom shower upstairs, kept on falling off. Therefore to change the temperature of the water was very annoying as every time your turned the nozzle it would fall off. The blinds in the one room were broken. The curtains in upstairs bedroom could not open and close as they were coming off there hooks. The granite tops in the kitchen were falling off. no soap in the bathrooms. there were not enough bath towels. The bath downstairs had no sprout coming out of it, therefore could not be used. They advertised that there were two loft rooms, I would not call a room in the roof that not even a child of 5 years old could stand in a loft room. It is more like a storage room. Might I add that this accommodation cost between R33000-00 for R40 000-00 for a week.
please could you give me some advice on this matter? as well as if there is a consumer act to protect us.

much appreciated
Carey-Anne (NNN) NNN-NNNN
e-mail address [email protected]
(we stay in South Africa)
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  JJ replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Welcome to Just Answer!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

What kind of refund are you looking at?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not even looking for a refund. All I'm really wanting is to send them a reply, to there letter. But I would like to know if there is a consumer act that I can refer to, as well as, I want to write the letter with some legal "JARAGN".

Then they will see that I am serious and not just a BLONDE BIMBO!!!!!

thanks for your assistance.

CAREY-ANNE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI JJ,

JUST CHECKING IF YOU RECIEVED MY REPLY

THANKS

CAREY-ANNE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI,

I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE!!! THEY SAID I WOULD GET A RESPONSE QUITE QUICKLY. I AM NOT TOO SURE IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED MY RESPONSE TO YOUR LETTER???

THANKS

CAREY-ANNE

Expert:  JJ replied 3 years ago.
Hi

I apologies but had connection issues.

The consumer protection act definitely protects you without a doubt. The act is very clear I that it protect your right to quality service and goods for what you pay in terms of section 54. It is therefore important to mention that you will lodging a complaint wight the consumer tribunal in this regard and that your rights were violated in terms of section 54 of the consumer protection act. My view is that you should also then lodge a complaint wi the tribunal. It is free and you do jot need a lawyer, but this is a moral obligation you have towards other consumers to make sure that it does not happen to someone else.

See www.thenct.org.za for details,

Please ask more if not clear.