WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

Hi, I have a son from my first marriage, he is 15 years old.

Hi, I have a son from my first marriage, he is 15 years old. I got married a month ago and my son would like to change his surname to my married surname. If he gets consent from his biological father, would changing his surname have any impact on whether this biological father is still liable to pay maintenance?
Good day.

It won't. Only if your new husband adopts your son as his own will his biological father no longer have to pay maintenance.

It really is as simple an answer as that.

I am not sure what else I can advise you on, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively. I do not get anything unless you rate the service.