Elizabeth Steenhuisen
Elizabeth Steenhuisen, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been teaching law to students, candidate attorneys and junior advocates, and practicing Family and Divorce Law since 1984.
72467609

Black South African married in early 1984. I have the old marriage

Black South African married in early 1984. I have the old marriage certificate from Home Affairs reflecting the old Dompas id numbers. When i do digital check , it says i am SINGLE. What is the process to correct the status?

Elizabeth Steenhuisen :

Hi Customer,

Elizabeth Steenhuisen :

You should make a certified copy of your "old marriage certificate" and visit Home Affairs. Both you and your spouse should go together to them Take your ID documents with. Home Affairs may require affidavits from the two of you. If so, ask them exactly what they want you to state. When completed, take the affidavits back to them and they should complete the process for you.

Elizabeth Steenhuisen :

If you encounter any other problem, please let me know. Kind regards

Elizabeth Steenhuisen :

ES

Elizabeth Steenhuisen :

Please note I will check for a reply from you tomorrow afternoon only - I am going off-line now. Have a good evening. ES