South Africa Law
Ask a South Africa Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Please see info below:
Hi Ntobeko & Glen
1. First communication regarding representation of gas stove – see original email (Annexure A)
2. All gas costs based on representation of gas stove and Standard Schedule of Finishes supplied to be covered by existing owner. The fees for gas connection are to be resolved between the contractor and seller – not for my account. See Finished attached (Annexure B)
3. In good faith I paid a deposit for the additional requests made by myself taking the existing signed Standard Schedule of Finishes into account. To date I have not received any form of financial reconciliation on this figure. I still require this in detail – see attached proof of payment (Annexure C)
4. I refer to Variations Unit 6 email dated 26 July sent at 13h25 (Annexure D). I see the builder refers to the 1st4 points as paid. It is not clear as to how much was paid, by whom and from what funds.
There is a list below of additional expenses incurred by the contractor. This consists of expenses that are both due to be paid to the contractor by either myself or the existing owners.
See Table below that details each item and indicates whose expense it is. It takes into account the R10 000 already paid by myself and PC amounts for items replaced on my schedule by myself which are due to be credited by contractor
6 Rocklea Close - Account Recon
Supply saloon bath
R 7 999.00
Supply bath trap
R 3 499.00
Free standing pipe
R 2 299.00
Move one plug to accommodate new kitchen layout
Supply new plug in cupboard (chased from bedroom wall to ceiling)
R 1 950.00
Supply new outside plug
New water point for fridge
R 1 100.00
Re plumb to allow for saloon bath
R 2 700.00
Move stove isolator to comply with gas requirements make good and tile
Supply door joints from Traviata
R 1 010.00
Gas installation including valves,full gas bottle,and gas certificate excluding labour .
R 3 191.00
R 6 991.00
R 19 856.90
Stove PC Amount
R 3 000
I supplied stove therefore this amount should be refunded
Floor PC amount - R85/m2 for 72m2
R 6 120.00
There needs to be a refund as Andy only supplied installation
R 9 120.00
Amount due by existing owner
Amount due by Murrae-Ann Erfmann for extras
Less Credit due for PC amounts
R 10 736.90
Less R10 000 deposit paid on 21 Jan 2013
R 10 000.00
Amount due by Murrae-Ann Erfmann
5. A formal snag list was presented verbally on site on Saturday 20th July and was followed up in writing on 22nd July. See attached email (Annexure E)
6. Hollywood Garage DiscrepancyThe agreement of sale refers to the approved Schedule of Finishes as my agreement with the current owners. This clearly indicates the roof of house and garage to be pitched at 26 degrees and covered in terracotta coloured cement tiles with on tile overhang.The underlined part of the phrase above has not been delivered on. I do expect the garage to be sealed so that no seepage or overflow from the existing gutter floods into the garage. This is currently not the case and it needs to be rectified – not at my cost.
Hi there,Please see response. Will chat to you to resolve this.Regards,NtobekoSent from my BlackBerry® wireless device-----Original Message-----From: Andy Kolver <XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX>Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:56:07To: <XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX>Cc: <XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX>Subject: RE: Variations unit 6Hi Ntobeko Murrae must look at the addendum which is for labour only. The amount of R10000 was accepted taking into account credits for items not installed. The approved plans show a carport which is not sealed. Snags will be investigated. Gas installation is only that and does not include for 'hardware' Regards Andy Andy KolverGalaxy Projects
Is there a specific type of lawyer that I must consult eg Conveyencer?
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).