JJ
JJ, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience
18691375

I have suffered a nervous breakdown and the consensus is that

I have suffered a nervous breakdown and the consensus is that my husbands emotional abuse is to blame. I am in the process of receiving hospital based care (my third week in hospital) and my psychologist wants me to go home to my parents for a further 2 weeks before I return home, so that I am mentally stronger. I am concerned that my husband will label this as desertion if I was to proceed to divorce him. Can you advise me.

regards

Sue

Hi

Welcome to Just Answer!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

Are you intending to file for divorce?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

Hi

The fact that you intend getting divorced in any event does not affect anything. It does not affect your legal rights and you simply leaving the communal home for the reasons mentioned.

You do not have to be concerned and you will still, depending on how you are married, be entitled to your share of the estate in terms of the matrimonmial property act.

Please ask more if not clear.