JJ, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience

I bought a used motorcycle from Sullivans Auto in Cape Town,

I bought a used motorcycle from Sullivans Auto in Cape Town, according to the sales person, an aftermarket exhaust system worth R6800 new came with the bike. When I received the bike (In Centurion) the exhaust had been replaced with the standard system. The salesperson said it left the shop with the aftermarket system, the sales manager says the system was not part of the deal. Further, I was charged R2850 for licence & registration, and now the salesperson says licencing is my problem, the licence disk has been removed, I have no registration docs as the bike was financed.

Welcome to Just Answer!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

There was clearly a misprepresentaion here. In my view to get a speedy resolution without lawyers and unncessary legal costs you should lodge a complaint with the ombudsman for the motor industry. They can be contacted on

You also have the option to lodge a complaint with the national consumer tribunal as your consumer rights have been invaded, but this will take too long and you need to resolve this now.

I am however confident that you merits are strong enough to take it further.