Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
20266670

my sister got divorce 5 years ago the judge awarded her the house now

Customer Question

my sister got divorce 5 years ago the judge awarded her the house now he came back and got the house from her and she is being evicted from the home she no longer qualify for the home because she lost her job and recently found new employment she has been paying for the past 5 years plus put down close to 125000 za dollars on the property not to mention repairs . the only thing she did wrong was to not answer her ex husband lawyers letters on the matter of him wanting the house . can he really take that house and she not get anything from it not even all the money she put in the last 5 years
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  JJ replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Welcome to Just Answer!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

Was a bond registered over the house?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the bond is in both their names

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she has to be out of the house at the end of the month apparently the house is being transferred to him soley

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They both consigned for the bond. . . When they divorced the Judge rules for the hous to be registered in her name. She tried to but at the time he refusedto cooperate with the removal of his name. As soon as she lost her job he started the process of removing his name from the bond.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  WCLawyer replied 3 years ago.
Good day.

This is an info request to assist you better. Please continue on this thread.

Does he have a court order that says that she must be out of the house?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I want my money refunded!!!!!!