WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)

Hi again, I would like to know, where can I put an complaint

Hi again,

I would like to know, where can I put an complaint in against the Correctional Services in Klerksdorp in the North West?
For the last 5 years they have no linen to sleep on, for the last 7 years there is no warm water, their food is pathectic
Last week some of the prisoners in the same cel than my friend also "dozed" by putting something in his coffee, en break open his cupboard and steel everything. He is the only "white" man between 25 African's. When he appklied for a single cel they said he can forget about it for the rest of his life!
My friend is also well qualified
When he applied to go to the school, they told him the school is closed. How must these people stay positive, we as taxpayer pay's for all and they get treated like dogs He already serves his sentence, why must they be treated like this Sorry for my frustration, but you can't get anywhere to go and complain at the head of the departments, they just tell you they can't do anything about it, it is the government???
Good day.

That would be the Human Rights Commission. Detained person have rights in terms of the Constitution of South Africa and if these rights are violated, the Human Rights Commission have a duty to assist.

You can contact them through their website which can be located here.

I am not exactly sure what else I can advise you on, but if you have any further questions, feel free to ask them before you rate. It will not cost you anything extra. If you are satisfied with the answer, kindly click on one of the five faces on the ratings page. I don't get anything for this answer unless you do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I just go in under "contact us" or is there any other heading I have to go in?

If you look the right of the page along the side, there is a heading that says "click here to lodge a complaint etc.".