Bert274, Attorney
Experience:  BProc, LLB and MBA

Do you need a license to drive an agricultural tractor or trench

Do you need a license to drive an agricultural tractor or trench digger if you do not intend operating it on a public road?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Bert274 replied 4 years ago.

Dear client

Their is a gap in the act but it is suggested that rather have a License. The insurance companies does not cover any person who does not have the necessary permit.

Expert:  Bert274 replied 4 years ago.
May I be of further assistance?

If you are satisfied with my answer, please consider that my payment is only released if you click on the accept button (notwithstanding any deposit that you may have paid to the website previously). If not, I would be happy to deal with any outstanding issues.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Bert

We operate in a rural part of Limpopo province- most of our workforce are illeterate and cannot (legally) manage to get a license. WE make extensive use of agricultural tractors that these folk are quite capable of operating. There is no need for them to go on public roads. I will need to check with our insurers what their stance would be in cases such as this

Expert:  Bert274 replied 4 years ago.

Dear Client

I understand the predicament, If insurers allows it I can not see why you do not need them to have a license