WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)

How do I find out if and when my cc was de-registered And

How do I find out if and when my cc was de-registered? And if it has been, what do I need to do?

Good day.

This is an info request to assist you better. Please continue on this thread.

Could you please indicate as to what you want to do if the CC is de-registered and then I would possibly be able to tell you what to do.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If the cc is de-registered, that's OK. I no longer trade under that name.
You say you already contacted CIPC? Couldn't they confirm whether the CC has become de-registered?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no longer any record of the company at CIPC, therefore I assume it has been de-registered but I keep getting tax return requests from SARS.
And you have confirmed this through a telephonic conversation or on their website?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have confirmed that there is no record on the website

I suggest that you phone them. I get the impression that with the change of the website, it is not as complete as it was. Probably to prevent fraud.

I suggest you contact them telephonically tomorrow and find out whether the CC has been de-registered or not. If it is, ask them to e-mail you a certificate that confirms that the CC has been de-registered. You can then take that certificate to SARS, who will then de-register it on their system.

I know that the CIPC, with the advent of the new companies act, is actively de-registering dormant CC's, however, if you still receive tax returns, chances are it is still active.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
And if I want it de-registerted should I just wait until CIPC do it or is there a way to speed up the process?

You can de-register it yourself. You just need to let CIPC know that you are not trading in the CC anymore and you request them to de-register it. I have found this website that shows you how to do it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you
My pleasure.