JP, Attorney
Experience:  General South African Law.

I would like to visit South Africa. I had a DWI (driving while

I would like to visit South Africa. I had a DWI (driving while intoxicated) several years ago. Will I be prohibited from entry? What can I do to correct this if it is a problem? I am a citizen of the United States. Charles Luden

Good day Charles!

The answer is straight forward : You can leave your fears behind ,as you will not be prohibited from entrySmile

I hope you enjoy your stay.

If you however need an attorney in SA at any stage visit

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult a local attorney in person for legal advice. This information is being provided so you can better discuss legal matters with your attorney.

Thank you for your question and if you feel that I have been of assistance kindly accept my answer.

If you feel that this answer exceeded your expectations feel free to award a bonus.

Kind Regards