Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Updates from MSFT and Adobe are being blocked. Need to

Customer Question

updates from MSFT and Adobe are being blocked. Need to unblock and download updates.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not for several days
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, because updates from MSFT, Adobe, and other approved sites cannot be done I cannot access my LPL account ( I work for them) and I cannot do business. MSFT has worked on the problem but it returned.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 days ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 ?

What is blocking it? What message do you see?

What antivirus are you using?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
windows 10
Malwarebytes. When I check the site it shows blocked updates.

I tried to accept your request for a secure remote connection ( screen sharing ) and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card company blocks the transaction and a quick call to them will usually lift the block

For further information you can call our customer service department.

1.***-***-****

Ok, is malwarebytes a paid version or free trial? This will determine the steps to unblock

or i can wait until you have done the above and use the remote you requested?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
look dude, this was supposed to be a free (ok, $5) I will not pay anymore. I decline your service.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 days ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
we're done here. Please don't contact me.